Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Prior Approval
Requests for Prior Approval of CPE must be submitted directly online via the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) website Online CPE Database. The International Affiliate of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics does not accept requests via email or regular mail.
For prior approval requests, please visit www.cdrnet.org/form-prior-approval. If your organization has not previously submitted a prior approval request via the Online CPE Database, it is highly recommended that you watch the Prior Approval Process Tutorial first, before beginning your request. If you have submitted a request in the past, then click on the appropriate link in Step 2 on the CDR website to log-in and submit a new request. The information and documentation in the list below will be required to submit a request, so please review this list before moving forward. All documents are preferred as PDFs, but Word documents may also be attached.:
- Objectives for each session/speaker are REQUIRED for CPE credit. Objectives must be behavioral rather than knowledge level. Objectives must be written for the participant rather than the speaker, describing anticipated outcomes. EXAMPLE: “The dietitian will be able to write a plan for the nutrition management of HIV+ patients.” Two or three educational objectives are required for each session.
- Qualifications of the speaker must include an abridged Curriculum Vitae or information on training and skills pertinent to the topic, or current resume.
- Programs are recognized by 1/4 hour increments. 1 hour = 1 CPE unit. A program that is 1 and 1/2 hours = 1.5 CPE units and should not be rounded up to 2 hours.
- List the contact on the approval form as an individual who can answer calls or receive emails regarding the CPE activity. Attach a listing of the locations (city/state) if the program will be running in multiple locations. The CDR will provide the contact number to interested professionals through their online Continuing Professional Education Data Base. MI Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics website will also carry this information for professionals, if requested by the provider to the state coordinator.
- It is highly recommended that the complete program request be received by CDR 4-6 weeks prior to the program date. It is the applicant’s responsibility to insure that the submitted request is complete.
After you complete the request process, the IAAND Professional Development Chair/Committee will review your CPE request and notify you regarding the status of your application and to collect payment. The application fee depends on the country where the program is being conducted. The fees are $10.00 per CPE hour requested for Tier 1, $5 per CPE hour for Tier 2 and $2 for Tier 3. Check to see what Tier you are in. Please multiply your total number of CPE by designated amount for your total amount due.
1 CEU – $20
2-5 CEUs – $40
6-10 CEUs – $70
11 – 15 CEUs – $100 16-18 CEUs – $150
18+ CEUs – $200
Tiered pricing (See list of countries in each tier)