Kids Eat Right International (KERI)
Be Inspired by KERI Projects
- The Kids Eat Right International Campaign will support public education and programs that address the health concern of overweight/obesity among many of the world’s children.
- The Kids Eat Right international campaign will provide members with resources that are international in scope. Through dissemination of these resources, campaign volunteers will be recognized leaders in childhood obesity prevention within their countries and will raise awareness among national populations of the need to help children meet their energy and nutrient requirements.
- Consistent with the Kids Eat Right national campaign, all international campaign actions will aim to achieve our goals to:
- EDUCATE key audiences about the necessity of a quality diet and the consequences of poor nutrition;
- ADVOCATE on behalf of a quality nutrition approach to promote growth and development; and
- DEMONSTRATE the food and nutrition expertise of registered dietitians (or similar professionals in another country) through educational programming and advocacy.
Want to learn more about Kids Eat Right? Check out the Academy member website and the Academy public website for articles, tips, toolkits, recipes and videos! There are also scholarship and grant opportunities – click here for more information.
If you would like to be on the Kids Eat Right International (KERI) mailing list, please email Kay Gibbons at KERI@iaand.org.
KERI MINI GRANT APPLICATIONS 2022: French-speaking countries
IAAND is pleased to announce Mini-Grants for 2022. This year the grants will be available to 2 IAAND members from French-speaking countries. The grants, each for $500, are awarded for adaptation and translation of a KERI toolkit, and a presentation within the community. For full details of the grant and the application process and online application
2021 KERI Mini Grant Outcomes
KERI Mini-grant Awardee, 2021 – Charmain Tan Charmain Tan used her grant to develop a brochure – ‘Healthy Snacking in a Nutshell’. Charmain tested the brochure with families in the UK, recently arrived from Hong Kong. It can be used with Chinese families in any country.