2020 Awards and Research Grants
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation is accepting applications for our 2020 Awards and Research Grants. With 27 awards and 7 research grants available, a wide range of opportunities exist for credentialed food and nutrition practitioners at all levels of practice and students at all levels of study.
Available applications include continuing education, recognition, program development, and international awards as well as grants for research in food service management, breastfeeding and infant feeding practices, diabetes medical nutrition therapy, and more.
Applications can be accessed within the Foundation’s application portal by clicking here, or by visiting the awards or grants pages. Emailed and hard-copy applications will not be accepted or considered for funding. All applications have a deadline of February 1, 2020, at 11:59 pm (Central Time), unless otherwise indicated.
Any questions should be directed to Elisha Reichling, MS, RDN, LDN, Foundation Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affiliate Awards – Nominations Open
It’s time for Annual Affiliate Award Nominations!
Do you know an IAAND member that is deserving of one of the annual affiliate awards? These are open to IAAND members who have been involved with leadership and service, in addition to their professional work.
There are 5 awards:
- Emerging Dietetic Leader Award: The Emerging Dietetics Leader Award recognizes the competence and activities of members, regardless of their age, who are at the beginning of their dietetics careers.
- Outstanding Dietetics Student Award: The Outstanding Dietetics Student Award recognizes the emerging leadership and achievement of students in ACEND-accredited and approved dietetics education programs and encourages their participation in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Outstanding Dietitian of the Year Award: Each year the Academy recognizes those individuals who receive the affiliate’s top member award (one per affiliate).
- Recognized Nutrition and Dietetics Technician of the Year Award: The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics recognizes the professional contributions of dietetic technicians and encourages their continued participation in the community and Academy activities.
- Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year Award: The purpose of the Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year Award is to recognize the competence and activities of younger dietitians in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and to encourage their continued participation in Academy affairs.
For more information about the award selection criteria and requirements, please see the Academy’s website.
In addition to the Academy Affiliate Awards, IAAND also offers two unique awards to our members. These include:
- Country Representative Award
- IAAND Service Award
To nominate someone, please email Brittany at email@example.com and provide the name of the award you are nominating them for, the name of your nominee, and their email address (unless you are self-nominating). The Awards Committee will contact your nominee and provide them with application information. Nominations are due by April 6th, 2019. Applications must be completed no later than April 13th, 2019. Please consider nominating a deserving IAAND member. We welcome self- nominations as well!
IAAND Awards Committee
Twice annually, IAAND competitively selects member applications to receive one of the following three educational stipend awards to attend or present at a food/nutrition-related educational event, such as a conference or workshop:
(1) One $500 student member stipend to attend an event,
(2) One $500 non-student member stipend to attend an event, and
(3) One $1,000 stipend for a member from any membership category to present at an event.
To be considered for an educational stipend, applicants must meet membership criteria, have completed the application form according to the guidelines, and have not been awarded a stipend within the past three year. All stipends are awarded in USD after the event has occurred and only after all stipend awardee requirements have been fulfilled.
To download the application, which includes the applicant criteria and awardee requirements, click HERE. All applications must be submitted online. NOTE: To access application you must first LOG IN as a member.
For an educational event held between June 1st and December 31st, the application deadline is April 30th.
For an educational event held between January 1st and May 31st, the application deadline is November 30th.
For more information about this award, please contact the Nominating/Awards Committee Chair at NCC@iaand.org
IAAND International Project Award (through Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation)
The purpose of this fund is to foster collaboration and the sharing of knowledge and skills among food and nutrition professionals in the international community. An award will be given to IAAND members who intend to work in partnership with another food or nutrition professional on a project that will benefit the local community of one of the individuals. The premise is that the IAAND member and colleague will have somewhat different knowledge and skill sets that, when brought together, will serve to fulfill a special project.
- Award amount: $3,000
- See description under +Awards
- Complete application on-line
- Deadline for submissions before Feb 10 each year –
Selection Criteria are:
- International collaboration (20 points)
- Project merit and relevance to local community (20 points)
- Methodology clearly described (30 points)
- Feasibility of completing project within award budgetary limit (20 points)
- Plans for dissemination of findings (10 points)