As the International Affiliate of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, IAAND has over 1200 members and supporters, including student members and supporters, living in more than 79 countries. Members are internationally-minded Active, Student, International, and Retired Academy members, living inside and outside the United States, who practice in a wide variety of settings, including:
Board of Directors and Leadership Team
2020-2021 IAAND Board of Directors and Leadership Team
The Board of Directors (BOD) comprise the elected voting members of the International Affiliate of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. IAAND’s BOD and Leadership Team collectively coordinate the activities of the organization according to the IAAND By-Laws.
Board of Directors
Elected, voting officers
Professional Development Chair
Victoria Jarzabkowski Lindsay
(Non-voting elected Board of Directors position)
Appointed, non-voting officers
Social Media Chair
Member Services Chair
Media Representative Chair
Nominating/Awards Committee 1st Seat
Nominating/Awards Committee 2nd seat
Country Representative Chair Elect
How can I be involved with IAAND??
There are two ways to be involved with IAAND:
As a Member
Each member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is automatically assigned to a “state” affiliate.
- IAAND is the equivalent of the “state” affiliate for international members
- HOWEVER, each Academy member can choose which state they wish to designate as their affiliate.
- If you feel the IAAND goals and activities are more aligned with your interests they you can select IAAND as your “state” (and give up your membership related to the US State where you live).
As a Supporter
You can become a supporter if:
- If you are not eligible to become a member of the Academy of the Nutrition and Dietetics, or
- You are a member of the Academy of the Nutrition and Dietetics but want to maintain your United States “state” affiliate and take advantage of some of the IAAND membership benefits*
- Access the Supporter application here
- A $35 USD/year ($25 USD/year for students) fee is required for the IAAND membership year, June 1–May 31.
*Supporters may not vote in IAAND elections or serve in elected IAAND leadership positions, however can serve on committees/task forces.
As a Subscriber
You can purchase key benefits from IAAND individually:
- Country Information Sheets
- Each item is $10 USD/year with pricing tiers depending on your country.
For more information or to sign up please visit our subscription page.
What is IAAND?
The International Affiliate of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (IAAND) is based in the United States. IAAND serves to connect nutrition and dietetic professionals worldwide who are members of the Academy. Members gain access to a listserv, monthly updates, and quarterly newsletters as well as many in-person opportunities to connect at international conferences pertaining to the field of nutrition and dietetics.
How do I join IAAND?
To be a member of IAAND you first need to be a member of the Academy.
If not a member of the Academy, consider being a IAAND Supporter.
How do I join The IAAND Forum?
Only members and supporters of IAAND have access to our forum.
As a member you can “join” a Forum on the Members Only page under “Get Involved”
What is an IAAND Supporter?
An IAAND supporter is anyone who is interested in international dietetics and nutrition issues and would like to be involved with IAAND, but
(e.g. has not completed food, nutrition and dietetics formal education, or does not have a national dietetics association or national government body who can verify that they are a “dietitian”
- Is an Academy member who and would like to maintain a different state affiliate membership, but be involved with IAAND.