The Role of the Sports Dietitian in Preparing for the Tokyo Olympics 2020
LIVE WEBINAR DATE: February 18, 2022
SPEAKER: Pui Lam Frankie Siu
Learn with us at our upcoming free member webinar!
On February 18th, join IAAND to learn more about sports and performance nutrition at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics in our upcoming webinar “The Role of the Sports Dietitian in Preparing for the Tokyo Olympics 2020”!
- Presented by sports dietitian Pui Lam Frankie Siu, of the Hong Kong Sports Institute, this webinar will share the following:
- Challenges of fueling athletes during the Tokyo 2020 games
- How food and fuel was provided in the Olympic dining facilities
- Nutritional strategies for the different types of competitions and athletic events
- Assessing hydration and fluid balance in the Tokyo summer heat
- …and more!
- 8.3.3, 8.3.8, 8.5.1
Pui Lam Frankie Siu
Mr. Siu graduated from the University of British Columbia and then studied Master of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics from the University of Wollongong and obtained dietetics professional. After graduation, Mr. Siu worked at public hospital and provided dietary advice to patients in 2004. Since 2008, Mr. Siu has joined Hong Kong Sports Institute (HKSI) to provide nutrition services to Hong Kong elite athletes. The duties in HKSI include nutrition consultation (weight management, hydration strategies, recovery nutrition and the use of nutrition supplements), small group education, supervising athlete’s canteen, applied nutrition research and local and overseas on-field support. In addition, Mr. Siu is a guest lecturer at different tertiary institutions to present different sports nutrition topics to students.
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION CERTIFICATE
Click here for Recording
This activity is recorded as described by the Commission of Dietetic Registration in the United States as Activity 175 .
THIS WEBINAR DID NOT RECEIVE EXTERNAL SPONSORSHIP.