LIVE WEBINAR DATE: July 21st, 2021
SPEAKERS: Kristen Heitman, MS, RDN, LD, Paula Diaque Ballesteros, MS, RD, CDCES
Join IAAND to learn more about Nutrition Care Process implementation in our upcoming webinar “Nutrition Care Process Workshop Pilot: Mexico”!
Featuring presenters Paula Diaque Ballesteros, MS, RD, CDCES and Kristen Heitman, MS, RDN, LD, this webinar will share the results and outcomes of a recent research study that occurred in Mexico to provide registered dietitians with the skills needed to successfully integrate and use the Nutrition Care Process (NCP) and support an evidence-based and systematic approach to Medical Nutrition Therapy.
- 7160 – Quality management
- 1070 – Leadership, critical and strategic thinking
- 9010 – Data Analysis, statistics
- 9020 – Evaluation and application of research
- 9050 – Publications, communication of research outcomes
- 1.3 Establishes goals for improving quality of services provided
- 1.6 Develops and implements strategies, techniques and tools for process improvement in consultation with others.
- 1.9 Interprets data to formulate judgments, conclusions and reports
- 3.9 Disseminates research or performance improvement outcomes to advance knowledge, change practice and enhance effectiveness of services.
- Learn about the Nutrition Care Process Workshop evaluation study in Mexico City and its purpose, methodology and implementation, considering the adaptions made during the COVID pandemic and appropriate acculturation for the Mexican population
- Describe the preliminary results of the workshop evaluation study
- Identify ways to stay updated on the results of the study
Kristen Heitman, MS, RDN, LD – Kristen Heitman is a research dietitian at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center’s Clinical Research Center. She completed her undergraduate degree in Dietetics at Michigan State University and her Dietetic Internship in combination with a Master’s Degree in Human Nutrition at Case Western Reserve University. Kristen teaches an introductory nutrition course at a local community college in addition to pursuing her PhD part-time at The Ohio State University under the advisement of Dr. Chris Taylor. Kristen’s research interests lie within the field of nutrition assessment and formal training of dietetic practitioners.
Paula Diaque Ballesteros, MS, RD, CDCES – Paula Diaque is a Registered Dietitian and Diabetes Care and Education Specialist. She has an undergraduate degree in Nutrition and Food Science from Universidad Iberoamericana in Mexico City, completed her Master in Science Program in Nutrition at Boston University and worked at Joslin Diabetes Center in Boston. Paula is a member of the Nutrition Care Process Terminology International Workgroup, has a private practice, and teaches several graduate courses at Universidad Iberoamericana in Mexico City.
Link to Recorded Webinar
Password to access webinar: NCPMexico
Eligible for CPE until July 21st, 2024 (three years from date of presentation)
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION CERTIFICATE
This activity is recorded as described by the Commission of Dietetic Registration in the United States as Activity 175 .
Click here to request Certificate