Ready to be a Media Savvy RD?
Date: May 12, 2020
Time: 11:00 CT
Speakers: Sylvia Klinger, DBA, MS, RD, LDN, CPT
Over 2 billion people are on social media. Most individuals devote nearly 2.5 hours to it each day. Marketing over-saturation has made consumers skeptical, forcing them to seek recommendations and advice from those they already know and recognize on food, fitness and health, some of the most popular topics on social media channels according to recent marketing trends. Participants will learn how to create a nutrition professional brand and image for themselves, develop a strong platform presence; learn how to navigate each one of the eight most popular platforms; understand when, how to use and communicate ethically online within Academy & legal guidelines to become a successful, confident media communicator to better serve your patients.
Learn to apply practical applications, tools, tips and resources for developing a social media brand specific to their dietetics area of practice.
Sylvia will provide tools, resources & references for nutrition communications growth. Participate in this webinar to plan your next best steps by understanding the trends and future of media markets.
- Identify personal and professional traits, strengths and expertise to help create a professional nutrition brand patients can benefit from
- Recognize the current media and social media platforms; purpose and differences between each platform; professional ethics, legalities and communication “language” for popular media platforms
- Select best media outlets to match specific areas of practice, strengths, skills, experience and expertise
- Apply practical applications, tools, tips and resources for developing a social media brand specific to their dietetics area of practice
- Take away tools, resources & references for nutrition communications growth
- Anticipate next best steps by understanding the trends and future of media markets
- 1010 Career planning, Standards of Practice, Standards of Professional Practice, Scope of Practice
- 1090 Media skills
- 4100 Social Marketing
- 1130 Verbal communication skills, presentations
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
1 CEU hour is offered for this webinar.
This webinar did not receive external sponsorship.